A Room With a View

A Room With a View
St. John's Harbour

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Urban Photo Shoot

Two posts in one weekend! Impressive!

I've been wanting to try my hand at an "urban" photo shoot for a while now. Downtown, graffiti, edgy . . . In my travels to work in the morning I noticed these old buildings on Major's Path that were interesting. So, yesterday I took two of my boys along with me to check it out.

I could have spent a whole lot longer there trying out all kinds of poses, but it was freezing! And I had instructed the boys to wear their hoodies instead of their extremely busy winter coats. So we snapped a few shots and off to Tim's to warm up! I'll definitely make another trip there when the weather is warmer.

We also stopped at the playground for a little while and then the ORR overpass at Thorburn Road where I had scouted out some pretty cool graffiti.

I also learned a very valuable lesson, one which I hope I remember the next time I shoot portraits. Always remember to check your camera settings! Mine were still set from my visit to Quidi Vidi Village earlier in the week. Old fishing stages look great in vivid colour, children not so much!

Here are some of my favourite shots!




2 comments:

  1. When are you changing jobs. You could be a GREAT photographer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks, Dad! If only it were that simple!

    ReplyDelete