A Room With a View

A Room With a View
St. John's Harbour

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Landscapes


Wikipedia defines landscape photography as a genre intended to show different spaces within the world, sometimes vast and unending, but other times microscopic. This popular style of photography is practiced by professionals and amateurs alike. Photographs typically capture the presence of nature and are often free of man-made obstructions. Landscape photographers usually attempt to convey an appreciation of the world.


Landscape photography is a type of photography that I'd like to improve upon. Ansel Adams said, "Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." I think he's right! There aren't too many landscape shots that I've taken with which I've been happy, but that's OK. Lots of opportunity to practice and make perfect right?

I love the photo above of a scene from Ottawa that was taken when I was visiting my sister and her family last September. It's not often here in St. John's that we get a day when there is little wind and such a perfect reflection in the water. Beautiful indeed and I hope it conveys my appreciation of the world to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment