A Room With a View

A Room With a View
St. John's Harbour

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see Nature all ridicule and deformity, and some scarce see Nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, Nature is Imagination itself.- William Blake, 1799, The Letters

Pretty big quote hey? Wonder if I could write something as profound as William Blake? Probably not, but I know some of the pictures I have taken make me feel "profoundness." Or I feel them intensely. The tree above is one of those photos. It was taken at an old, for sale farm on Torbay Road in St. John's. OK, so it didn't move me to tears, but I was quite pleased with the results. And I've been able to share that with other people. One of my co-workers won a "Tina B" print of that tree at our Christmas party. Another co-worker has included the black and white version of this tree in her bathroom decor. And the coloured print of this tree graces my guest bedroom since it is very "Oriental-looking." Well, as Oriental as it can be, originating from a farm in Newfoundland.

The moral of the story? Thanks to nature it doesn't take a big production to pull off an amazing work of art. Well, perhaps it was a big production. You know, creation and all. The only thing I had to do was find it and appreciate it's beauty.



No comments:

Post a Comment