A Room With a View

A Room With a View
St. John's Harbour

Thursday, August 12, 2010

St. John's















St. John's. Oldest city in North America. My favourite city in North America. I was born in St. John's and have always been proud of that. It's interesting to hear the story of how my parents lived across the street from the Grace Hospital where I was born and how Dad had to finish cooking his chicken before he came to the hospital where Mom was in labor. I love you, too Dad! lol


And then we spent some time in St. John's while Dad was in summer school.


And then there was University. Seems like many moons ago now.


And now I call St. John's home. The things I love about our capital city are that it's not too big. From just about anywhere in the city you can see Signal Hill. Drive downhill to get downtown and uphill to get out of downtown. Pretty simple. St. John's has such character. Jelly bean rowhouses, old churches and narrow downtown streets. Nothing helps you get to know a city quite like getting out of your car, grabbing your camera and walking around.


What about it? Feel like a walk?






2 comments:

  1. I do love you more than chicken! When you were born (a long time ago now)the husband wasn't allowed in the labor room! I think you realize now how much I do love you. You are very special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To finish my comment "as well as a good photographer"

    ReplyDelete