A Room With a View

A Room With a View
St. John's Harbour

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Thorndyke






July 31st this year was the 11th anniversary of my husband and I. We spent the evening at the Grand Bank Theatre Festival and then at the Thorndyke Bed and Breakfast for the night. Only in Grand Bank do you arrive at a Bed and Breakfast to check in and are greeted by a sign on the door that says, "We had to be away for the day. Please go to Sharon's Nook just up the street to check in and enjoy your stay." And then the next morning walk up the street to have breakfast. No owners at the B & B, just guests. This meant that we could explore the B & B more than we would normally and a house built in 1917 has lots of nooks and crannies to explore.
Terry and I have had a love of Heritage homes and antiques since living in an old home filled with antiques while working in Virginia. I'd love to own one of those homes and run my own B & B. It would be a quality B & B that people would love to come back to over and over again.
The pictures included in this posting were all taken in the Thorndyke. It's a beautiful old home with wonderful character. Gorgeous woodwork and moldings, old-style furniture and quirky collections. Again, it is about looking closer and seeing things from a different perspective. For example, the picture of the radiator. Makes a great black and white shot due to the interesting texture and pattern.
I recognize a pattern myself today with the postings of my blog to date. "A closer look." "Perspectives." They'd be great names for a photography business if I wasn't already becoming well known as Tina B.








3 comments: