A Room With a View

A Room With a View
St. John's Harbour

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hmmmmm . . . Humidity or Rain?







I have to say. I'm not too impressed with our July weather. If it's not sticky humidity it's clammy rain. How about just some heat, some sun? I apologize if I sound like I'm complaining, but I am!! Forgive me, I don't usually complain too much. I'm forever the optimist for the most part.










Having said all that, perhaps the solution is to adopt the mind of a child. Typically on a rainy day like today I would keep my boys inside to play. After all, they're going to get soaked if they go outside in the rain! There was one day when I "lightened up" and said, "What the heck! Sure you can go outside and play in the rain!" I'm so glad I did that! The sheer joy and delight on my boys faces were priceless as they danced in the rain. It was such a gift to hear the squeals and giggles. And I captured the moment with my camera.
I once heard an inspirational quote that went like this.

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain. ~Author Unknown

And my favourite quote about dancing in the rain.

“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…it’s learning to dance in the rain.”
- Unknown
Are you game to try dancing in the rain? I plan to at the next opportunity.






1 comment:

  1. Loveeeeeeee it! What beautiful memories you allowed them to create! You are such a good mom.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete