A Room With a View

A Room With a View
St. John's Harbour

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Worn and the Beautiful







When I welcomed you all to my photography blog, I mentioned the fact that one of my favourite things to photograph is scenes where there are both beautiful and worn things. I can't quite explain why. Perhaps some of you can share your theories. I have numerous examples of what I am talking about. Let me show you.
Take the picture of the old farm wheels in my brother-in-laws backyard. Perhaps most would dismiss them as junk that needed to be cleaned up. I think they looked beautiful in the lush, green surroundings and were something to be appreciated. What do you think?
And then there is the old picnic table and the wooden basket in the apple orchard. I took this photo when I was apple picking with my sister and nephew. It will help me remember that day for a long time. Perhaps I'll sit with Sam when he is older and tell him about the day when he and Auntie Tina were walking amongst the apple trees.
One of my favourite photos that I have taken recently is the one with the birdhouse and the old flowerpot. Again, I'm not sure why I like it so much. I like the red of the flowerpot and the imagination of its creator.
So, what are your thoughts on the worn and the beautiful?

1 comment:

  1. Someone had a dream and created it. Thumbs up for them. The faded and marred part of it has a story to tell of who and what caused the mars and it only adds to it's beauty.

    ReplyDelete